The Seven Energy Bodies and
the Importance of Balanced Chakras
Today we are living in a society where Western Medicine is definitely the most popular way of “fixing what’s wrong”. Most competent Western Medicine doctors are enjoying great wealth, respect and trust from their patients, while competent practitioners of Eastern healing methods are often perceived as weird and obscure “witch” doctors.
As a result of this social trend, most people are not familiar with the fact that apart from the Physical body, we have at least six more bodies which are invisible to the untrained eye. This total of 7 bodies that form the human energy field are in order of size: the Physical, the Etheric, the Astral, the Mental Body which is formed by 3 bodies called the Subconscious, the Conscious and the Superconscious Mind, and finally the Soul Body. All of these bodies, including the Physical one, are formed out of energy vibrating at different rates.
The reason why we have flesh and bones is that the Physical energy Body vibrates at the same degree as the Earth does, which is a very low frequency rate which produces very dense energy which we can see and feel in an obvious way. The other six bodies though, vibrate at different and faster rates, which do not attract substance, and so we perceive them as “invisible”. The 7 bodies are all interpenetrating (one inside the other) and each one is wider than the other. As the bodies vibrate at different rates they form a “sandwich” of layers of energy, which is what is commonly, called the Aura, and which with practice can be sensed manually.
From these 7 bodies, the Etheric Body plays a big part in our state of overall health, as it contains the 7 Chakras. The 7 Chakras are aligned areas which are the portals through which Life Energy** enters and exits the energy field. When all 7 Chakras are fully functioning, receiving and dispersing energy, the result is health on all levels - physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
Unfortunately, the air that we are breathing these days is polluted. So are the water and food that we intake because of all the chemicals in them. Even the way we think is usually polluted by our negative thoughts, and by all the negative messages we get from our environment, as we can’t help but always be stressed and worried over something. As a result of this, our Energy field gets damaged and the Chakras are getting blocked, making us feel sick or out of balance. Chakra Balancing is a method of "tuning up" and unblocking the Chakras via energy manipulation. A Chakra Balancing treatment lasts for 1 hour. During the treatment the healer scans the Chakras and makes an assessment of how they are functioning. Some Chakras might be too slow, some blocked, and some might even be too fast. A slow Chakra is one that isn’t receiving enough energy, a fast Chakra is one that is spinning so fast that it is “wasting” the Energy that it is absorbing, and a blocked Chakra is one that has stopped spinning and is not responding at all to receiving energy anymore. Following the Chakra assessment, the healer manipulates the Chakras and ensures that they are all open and functioning at the same rate.
For reference, here is a list of the Chakras, the associated color and a description of their Physical, Mental and Emotional characteristics. Starting from the bottom:
- The first Chakra is located at the base of the spine. It is also called "the Root Chakra." The Root Chakra is linked to the endocrine system, survival instincts, and our ability to ground ourselves in the physical world. Blockage manifests as paranoia, defensiveness and problems in the endocrine system (hormonal).
- The second Chakra is located just beneath the navel, and related to our sexual and reproductive capacity. Blockage manifests as problems of the reproductive organs, the lower digestive system, the lower back and emotional problems.
- The third Chakra is located behind the solar plexus, which gives us a sense of our personal power in the world. Blockage manifests as problems of the pancreas, liver, middle back, gall bladder, and anger or a sense of victimization.
- The fourth Chakra is the Heart Chakra, which gives us the ability to express love. Blockage can manifest as immune system or heart and lung problems, or a lack of compassion.
- The fifth Chakra is located in the throat, and it is connected to creativity and communication. Blockage manifests as problems like laryngitis or sore throats, tooth problems, creative blocks or general problems communicating with others.
- The sixth Chakra is also called "the Third Eye Chakra". It is located between the eyebrows, and it is the seat of intuition and awareness. Blockage manifests as headaches, migraines, sinus or eye problems.
- The seventh Chakra is also called "the Crown Chakra". It is located at the top of the head. This Chakra is related to one's personal spiritual connection to the universe. Blockage manifests as psychological problems and malfunction of the pineal gland (the light detector gland).
**For reference, the term “Life Energy” throughout the ages and in various cultures, has been most commonly called Chi (Chinese), Ki (Japanese), Pneuma (Greek) and “Prana” (Hindu)
|Here is a way for 2 people to feel each other’s Auras: Stand next to each other. Take it in turns to slowly extend your right hand with the palm open towards the other person. It is easier if you close your eyes as this way you can concentrate more on what your hand feels. You will notice that at some point, usually around 4-2 inches away from the skin, you will suddenly feel that you are pressing against something very subtle that resembles pressing against a moist soft sponge. It is the Human Aura. After you have found the Aura on the other person, scan their whole body at this distance and note how you will feel sensations of hot, cold, tingling or even no sensation at all at parts. When your hand passes in front of a Chakra, you will feel stronger sensations, as there is more energy concentrated there. In everyone, the width of the aura is constantly changing depending on various factors such as how they are feeling, what the weather is like, if they like the person they are with, and whether they are well grounded or not, so each time you look for the aura on the same person, the aura width might be different.